Jenny Lin's "The Bathroom Problem"







Jenny Lin recently made a new artist's book called The Bathroom Problem. It's a diorama/tunnel book created for The Pop-Up Museum of Queer History's "Queer Book Dioramas" show, in New York. 


Jenny says, "Peer through the glasses and share a first-person vantage point in my reading of Jack Halberstam's Female Masculinity. This book, among others that I read when I came out in 2000 / 2001, helped bring the words 'queer,' 'lesbian' and the phrase 'gender deviant' to my awareness in a way that I felt I personally identified with. I wonder how many others might have recognized themselves for the first time while reading this book."

Tunnel book: inkjet print on paper, bookboard. Edition of 30 books.

More about the book here.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP